What’s inside the Box?
The Herbal Apothecary Boxes are your fully guided experience to farm-based herbal medicine. Each month we choose some of our favorite seasonal blends to share with you — from elixirs and tea blends to flower essences, hydrosol sprays and skin care salves.
Each box is full of your favorite Tooth of the Lion products, plus an extra small batch product from one of our local featured herbalists each month!
You’ll develop your own kitchen medicine cabinet, full of herbal preparations to use in your daily life and even share with your family, friends and community.
Of course, the monthly herb exchange zine is included in every box and will give you all the details you need to fully utilize the herbs in your box - plus, hear from different local herbalists and farmers each month to get a variety of perspectives on herbal medicine.
Stemming from the concept of Community Supported Agriculture, our herbal apothecary boxes create a venue for farmers, herbalists and our communities to connect, support each other and learn together.
Shipping to door is included in the cost of your box. If you are local, you may choose to pick up your box instead - please be sure that you will be available during pickup times to receive your full box on time. Monthly pickups are typically the third or fourth week of the month.
Local pickups at:
- Rittenhouse Farmer's Market: Saturday 10-2
- Emmaus Farmer's Market: Sundays 10 to 12
- Tooth of the Lion Farm and Apothecary: Thursdays 4-7 pm
- Pennypack Farm and Education Center: Horsham, Pa *Pennypack CSA members only (members pickup during their normal share hours)
- Attic Apothecary: West Philly, Tuesdays 4-7 pm
- Pressed Books and Coffee: Pottsville, Fridays 8-8